Monday, July 11, 2011

Our Nursery

     Here's a peek into our nursery. When we first painted it, my goal was to keep it gender neutral so the walls are a light apple green and our main accent color is blue. We had our daughter first so the other accent color  was pink. When our son was born, we switched out the pink for orange and I put up the maps and other boyish wall art.
     These colors are pretty much throughout my entire house. I love the fresh feeling they give. I want my house to be cheerful, relaxing, and promote creativity. I also want it to be a fun place for my kids to grow up in.


Here's a list of most of the items in the pictures and where we got them.

Passed down to us or bought second hand:
Dresser cabinet, rocker, bookcase, dark brown basket, bird pictures,
lanterns, map, crochet blanket, and most of our children's books!
 Ikea purchases:
Rug, blue wall shelves, blue chair, and mobile.
 Target:
Orange baskets and polka dot pail
 Photographs on the wall:
Pretty much everything else was given as shower gifts. 
We are so blessed to have such generous family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment