Friday, May 20, 2011

Lace Tank Top Tutorial


My mother-in-law was gracious enough to dig through her craft stash and bless me with all kinds of treasures! One of which was this lace applique. I had no clue what to do with it until I decided I needed some new summer shirts and didn't want to spend much money. Lucky for me, Joann's had a sale on tank tops. Only $3 each!
So here's what I did. First I pinned the lace to the shoulder, lining up the center of the applique with the shoulder seam. 
Then I sewed along the bottom edge of the applique. I actually sewed two rows with a zig-zag stitch just to make sure the lace and shirt were very stable together. Then I cut away the shoulder of the tank top so my skin would show underneath the lace. Obviously you could leave the original tank top strap attached.
Easy right? It really only took a few minutes. I like it so much I might do another one with an extra applique I have. 

By the way, all these pictures were done by me. Don't judge my husbands photography skills by my attempts!

5 comments:

  1. This is adorable! I found it on Pinterest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pleased to see this white lacy top. My friend bought tank top from a reputed store online couple of months ago. Using them regularly since then. Looks quite slim in them. Stretchable fit is the best feature. Planning to buy them for my dance classes.

    ReplyDelete