Friday, May 27, 2011

Afternoon Naps

My survival depends on afternoon naps for the kids and for me. Don't judge me, but my youngest still doesn't sleep through the night.  Therefore, if I don't get a nap, our entire family suffers. All of our closest family and friends know to not call between 2pm and 5pm. Yesterday was a little extra rough for me. Little Man decided to start the day just before 7am. By noon I was pretty wilted and was trying my best to muster up enough energy to at least put a clean load of laundry away. I searched my brain for every possible energy boosting trick I could try. Caffeine just keeps me up all night so that was out of the question. Here's what I came up with:

1. A tablespoon of honey
2. Deep breaths for extra oxygen
3. Stretching
4. Protein and carbohydrate snack
5. B12 vitamin

Do any of you have suggestions for getting past an afternoon slump? I'd much rather be perky and productive, than  grouchy.


Sweet dreams Little Man

How precious is my sweet baby? Shortly after I took these pictures we all had a siesta. Then it was time for more laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment