Thursday, April 28, 2011

Spring and Smoothies

I'm so excited that spring is here! Summer follows spring and I'm one of those crazy people who love the heat. So really this time of year is just a stepping stone to a few of my favorite months.
Now that we are no longer freezing, I don't feel like a complete weirdo making smoothies. That and my daughter won't be shivering when I offer her one. Smoothies are among my favorite food items so I thought I'd share a couple of my recipes. I'm no where close to being a talented chef, but who needs skill to whirl some fruit up in a blender?
This one is a Cherry Vanilla smoothie.
I used:

2 cups milk
1/2 cup Apple Cherry frozen juice concentrate
1-12oz bag frozen cherries
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Makes 2-3 servings.

I poured some into a cup for my three year old then I added a scoop of vanilla protein powder to the rest for myself.

My all time favorite is Mango and Orange. It's really refreshing and is full of vitamin C.

1/2 cup orange juice concentrate
1 cup water
1 cup crushed ice
1 cup frozen mango
This makes 2 servings.

I hope you whip up a little fruity goodness for yourself as well during this glorious season! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment